We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer for a leading bank in Kabul
Age : Should be more than 55 Yrs
Budegt : 5000 USD per Month + Free food and Accomodation
– The Chief Risk Officer will be expected to build a risk monitoring systems complying with Basel I & Basel II requirements for assess, review and mitigating of risk factors.
– Contribute to the strategic direction of the Bank through the development and implementation of Risk Management strategies, policies and procedures in support of the Bank s business goals.
– The CRO manages and develops a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying and reducing pertinent business risks that could interfere with the bank objectives and goals with Basel I and Basel II requirements.
– It is the CRO responsibility to ensure that the bank is in substantial compliance with its operating policies and
procedures and any external legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
The position is involved with Credit, Market, Operational and Liquidity risks in the
Bank while the main focus shall be on Credit Risk, with the following responsibilities:
1. Credit Policies & Procedures
a. Establishing of Credit Rating system for the Bank.
b. Draft and develop Credit Risk Management policy for the Bank Credit Dept and review/update it from time to time for complying with the local/international banking law and regulations.
c. Develop Risk Management policy for the bank concerned sections.
d. Acquisition or development of decision support tools for commercial and retail credit.
e. Propose and promote a common risk culture and awareness to be accepted throughout the bank, in particular by the Bank s Risk, Credit and Operation department.
f. Set up of procedure and guidelines for the establishing of credit committee, ALCO committee, individual accountability and majority voting etc.
g. Set objectives for measuring, monitoring, evaluating and mitigating the risk exposure of the bank and ensure that they are reported in a timely manner to regulatory entities and the management of the Bank.
h. Supervising the Risk Management department in delivering high quality and professional service to the Bank and the clients in the field of risk management.
i. Recommend and maintain proper approval processes for all transaction types to ensure proper risk control.
j. Determine the capital requirements and provisions for each of the Bank s products and activities to ensure sufficient provision on the book at all time.
2. Risk Asset Review
a. Review of individual credit risk in accordance with the established Credit Rating System and Credit quality assessment.
b. Ensure that the Bank s risks are properly addressed in terms of compliance with existing rules and regulations established by internal, local and international regulators.
c. Ensure that classified loans are reported and properly administered in the system of the Bank.
3. Portfolio Management
a. Establish procedure and execute Profitability and Risk analysis for the Bank frequently.
b. Develop predictive dynamic monitoring procedures/system for Risk Management Department.
c. Responsible for contacts with external authorities, locally and abroad, for Risk Management matters and for meetings with management of banks and other related companies, in order to obtain the most updated risk management information.
d. Coordinate with other departments of the bank, such as Credit, IT, Operations, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Legal, Compliance, in order to create an efficient and effective communication via the functional lines.
4. Other job-related tasks as assigned by the management.
Roles reporting to the position
All employees working in the Risk Management Department.
– Master degree in Banking or financial field.
– Having 5-7 years progressive experience in the Risk Management field with more than four years at supervisory & management level in a mid- or large size commercial bank .
– Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of Risk Management activities, both operations and analysis.
– Fully functional in monitoring of documentation, portfolios & exposure limits of the bank.
– Considerable knowledge of modern regulations and practices related to Risk Management including Basel I & Basel II.
– Knowledge and understanding of Afghan Central Bank s and other regulator authorities directives in relation to Risk Management field.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Risk Management practices including policy/procedure development.
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
– Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports as and when required.
– Excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills.
– Having high ethical standards and integrity in both personal and professional dealings.
Send profile to firstname.lastname@example.org