Location : Chennai
Education : MBA
Experience : 15 + yrs experience in FMCG Industry pref (Spices , Soap , Food ingredients)
Preferred Company : Sakthi Masala , Power Soap , AACHI , Cavincare
GM – SALES will be assisted by a team of Regional Sales Managers (RSM), Area Sales Managers (ASM), SO, TSI, ISR & Chain of Stockists, C&FAs and Depots.
Required to cover entire Southern States.
- To manage all sales related activities covering setting and monitoring targets, training of sales force and ensures accurate delivery of products.
- To ensure high degree of customer satisfaction by providing quality service.
- Implement the monthly sales plan by salesman and outlet and follows up the execution on a daily basis by monitoring the daily sales reports, customer records cards and merchandising reports.
- Maximizes sales through effective and close follow up.
- Advises on slow moving and price sensitive items.
- Reviews and analyses sales force achievements to ensure company’s objectives are being achieved.
- Ensures the full use of rental shelf-space and Looks for new POS to expand our customer base.
- Evaluates shelf rentals of every outlet and negotiates new ones.
- Recommends action on sensitive items.
- Drives highest possible standards of visual impact by ensuring brand/layout guidelines and plans are being correctly followed to deliver brand values.
- Reports on competitors’ activities and provides market feed-back on new products, prices changes, new launches, etc.
- Implements promotional activities and events prepared and planned by the Brand Manager and exploit any additional opportunities to promote sales.
- Recommends promotional activities and events.
- Decides on the visual display/layout guidelines and plans to ensure the highest impact.
- Minimizes sales returns/damaged goods and short expiry goods by monitoring returns by outlets, developing a depletion plan and avoiding overstocking the points of sales.
- Ensures quick listing of new products at all trade channels.
- Builds excellent relations with various trade channels. He will be the key person to convey the high image of the company in terms of service and credibility.
- Measures and evaluates the performance of the sales personnel.
- Initiates highest standards of sales representatives’ training including daily briefs, product knowledge, on-job coaching, and various sales techniques.
- Solves issues related to people management and development.
Candidate profile :
MBA with 15 yrs of HARDCORE SELLING EXPERIENCE in FMCG – FOOD,spices and Soap , Detergent industry.
In-depth knowledge of market, ability to understand & assess the market and take remedial action.
Willing to travel.
Should have analytical skills, ability to drive from front and willing to shoulder responsibility
Should possess Managerial Skills / Leadership Qualities.
Should possess Men Management skills.
Ability to work with pleasure even under pressure
Ability to handle issues Smartly and take appropriate decisions
Should have knowledge of computers.
Should have worked at SOUTHERN STATES and also required to know the market from the grass root level.
Persons with adequate knowledge in distribution in Rural Market will have an added advantage
Send profile to email@example.com