Position: QA Engineer
The QA Developer will be part of the Release Engineering team in Chennai and will be responsible for developing and establishing quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This role requires a good understanding of the white box and black box testing to derive and execute the corner test cases and to read and understand the code. This will include writing test plans and writing scripts for automating few cases.
The QADeveloper will need strong analytical skills to understand the business to do careful testing since the business involves very sensitive data.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Good testing skills with a passion to do QA
- Understand company from both a white box and blackbox perspective.
- Be cognizant of new development in company, and help assess risk and direct testing efforts.
- Be cognizant of current issues and concerns company.
- At least 1 year of experience in software quality assurance, web service experience a plus, with corresponding experience in developing test plans, manual testing, and issue identification and investigation.
- Exposure/Experience to Linux environment.
- Experience in working with databases and SQL.
- Must be willing to read code and to go the extra mile to understand implications of code changes.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements,system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable both with technical and business communication.
- Run the various company regression tests.
- Review results of the regression testing, or submit results to the correct development team and follow up, as appropriate.
- Perform initial investigations into potential issues, or drive the investigation
- Recommend changes to regression technology, to improve throughput, accuracy, and completeness
- Ability to automate/come up with ideas of process innovation and automation of test cases.
Please send your profile email@example.com