Chief Financial Offer for a leading group of Hotel
Job Location : Dubai & Mumbai
Roles and Responsibilities
the Chief Financial Officer of the Hotel is responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements; is the custodian of the assets and is responsible for their safeguard, maintenance and disposal; is responsible for complying with all local laws and regulations; and at all times must conduct himself in accordance with our clients Code of Ethics and Company policy.
Duties & Responsibilities include
• Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Resort Accounting Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
• Prepare the monthly financial statements “MFS” in accordance with international hotel industry standards according to generally accepted accounting principles, Company policy where appropriate and to comply with local Law and Regulations.
• The MFS are to be prepared to accurately reflect all transactions which have occurred during the period being reported upon. They are to contain all the necessary accruals and adjustments to reflect the transactions as they have occurred.
• The FC is not allowed to adjust accruals or prepare other adjusting journal entries for the specific purpose of altering actual financial results in order to comply with budget or forecast results.
• Prepare periodic internal and external reports required by the Vice President Operations and/or Company Officers, the annual budget and any other financial reports that may be required.
• Maintain adequate systems of internal control to effectively safeguard the assets of the Company and to assure that all transactions are properly reflected in the books and records of the resort.
• Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various Resort’s Accounting sub-departments, such as Accounts Receivable & Payable, General Cashiering, Income Audit, Payroll and Cost Control, Night Audit, Chief Cashier, Outlet Cashiers, Retail, Computer Systems, Stores and Receiving, Credit and Purchasing, etc.
• Execute the provisions of any management agreement or operating lease agreement.
• Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the Accounting Department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the Accounting Department which will provide well trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development. Prepare position descriptions; conduct regularly scheduled employee meetings, etc.
• Coordinate with the Company legal department on the negotiation, execution and delivery of operating contracts and agreements for the Company.
• Timely preparation, filing and payment of all government taxes, as appropriate.
• During the course of business, remain in contact with, assist and cooperate with various individuals including but not limited to the following: Company Executives, various resort’s Management and employees, internal auditors, external auditors, risk management advisers, government offices such as tax, revenue, etc., and vendors.
• Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all Accounting Sub- Departments to achieve the budgeted goals.
• Implement effective control of all costs food, beverage, labour, supplies, equipment, etc., among all Resort Sub-Departments. Insure proper use, maintenance, repair and storage of Accounting supplies, equipment and facilities.
• Assist all Managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality, service, safety, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
• Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual outlets, to recommend to management new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the guests, a material change in the make-up or the guest market, or a change in the competitive environment. Revise existing programs and create new ones.
• Develop with the aid of the various Managers, the operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, report preparation and presentation, etc.
• Actively participates as a member of the Resort Executive Committee .
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
• In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions,
• Operate various computer software programs.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks in the office using standard cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
• The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to move throughout all Accounting areas and perform essential job functions.
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret written documents; write speeches and articles; make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to a variety of audiences; listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
CA or MBA with 15 yrs of service experience and must have 8 yrs in Hotel Industry
• Ten years in hotel Accounting Department operations including all sub-departments including a minimum of five years in management and three years in a similar position. Thorough hand’s on, practical knowledge of computerized Property Management Systems., including Point of Sales systems, where applicable.
• Must have management skills in order lead a team of about 30 people
• Must be able to communicate in the English language fluently.
******* FOR MUMBAI WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE WHO CAN SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND GUJURATI AND MARATHI .
SEND YOUR PROFILE TO firstname.lastname@example.org