Operations Director/Market Coach
- § Is fully aware of customer needs and ensures that customers receive products and services. Uses customer feedback tools and techniques in making decisions and improving restaurant performance.
- § Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics. Regularly coaches staff to drive performance against objectives; provides ongoing, constructive feedback.
- § Aggressively pursues business objectives. Takes responsibility to ensure business objectives are met. Understands key business drivers and uses this knowledge to build sales and achieve margin targets.
- § Manage 8-12 $500k – 2.0m (Brand Restaurants) to ensure restaurant Annual Operating Plans are established and expectations met or exceeded.
Restaurant General Manager(s), Assistant Manager(s), Shift Supervisor(s) and Team Member(s)
- § Strong preference for internal promote from RGM position
- § Undergraduate degree or equivalent Yum! Restaurants/industry experience
- § 6-8 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment
- § Thorough knowledge of performance metrics, product specification and management systems
- § Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial employees
- § Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
- § Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to standards. Coordinates facility upgrades or equipment replacement. Resolves systemic inventory problems or supply issues with suppliers/vendors. Monitors restaurant Speed of Service (SOS) performance and provides coaching to unit management teams to meet performance targets. Oversees development and revision of weekly management schedules.
- § Works with RGMs to develop restaurant-specific Annual Operating Plans. Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches RGMs to take specific corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets; establishes specific restaurant-level action plans where necessary. Trains and mentors subordinates on financial analysis and profitability tips. Reviews and prioritizes store CAPEX requests and establishes common vendor relationship where scale can be leveraged. Resolves unit-level financial issues with RSC departments including Accounts Payable.
- § Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards. Tracks, analyzes, and identifies root cause of customer complaints and leads management team to implement systematic solutions.
Develops and updates market HR plans; forecasts staffing requirements and builds bench. Leads performance management process for all management and Team Members, ensuring adequate levels of performance feedback, timely performance appraisals, meaningful training and development planning and due process in resolving workplace disputes. Monitors the work environment in all units to ensure fair and equitable employee treatment as well as adherence to all company and legislated workplace regulations. Provides ongoing recognition of outstanding performance to motivate employees at all levels.