Designation : Chief Engineer
Industry : Hospitality (Hotel)
Location : Chennai
Salary : Open for Right Candidates
Experience : Min 10 yrs in handling 5 star properties
– The chief engineer candidates we are looking for should be capable of working on their own without constant supervision. This individual has the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the operations and functions of both the interior and exterior areas of the property. Therefore the chief candidates are expected to possess various skills of the construction trades before coming to us.
– Experience in the construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting and caulking etc. would be preferred. Construction type skills could be obtained by previous experience at other hotels and or apartment complexes. The chief candidate is not expected to be an expert in the above trades but will be expected to be proficient enough to do a good job and to train others in his department. The degree of knowledge required in the above trades will be on a sliding scale in direct association as to the size of the hotel and to the complexity of the equipment that is to be maintained.
– Besides the trades skills this candidate will need to possess certain people skills that will allow them to be proactive and interactive with other associates and the guests of the hotel.
– Ability to monitor performance of service/contractor to insure that contracted service is performed satisfactorily
– Ability to communicate operational activities, priorities and problems with management engineers and supervisors
– Ability to evaluate and select job applicants based upon information obtained through personnel questionnaires, resumes and interviews
– Ability to observe employees’ work performance for comparison with performance standards
– Knowledge or methods and techniques for conducting on-the-job training
– Ability to create a learning environment encouraging employees to further develop their job skills
– Ability to determine what action should be taken in response to a customer complaint, comment or inquiry.
– Ability to negotiate with service company/contractor to obtain the best price for services.
– Ability to estimate the time (labor) required to complete maintenance work.
– Ability to determine the best time scheduling maintenance jobs to avoid disrupting operation of the hotel.
– Knowledge of problem-solving techniques and methods.
– Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction.
– Ability to perform basic heating and air-conditioner repair and replacement skills not pertaining to the sealed refrigerant system.
– Ability to perform basic painting and caulking skills.
-Ability to use standard hand tools, such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements.
– Knowledge of preventive maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment.
– Ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of hotel’s equipment.
– Ability to perform Basic Maintenance Skills. Plumbing, A/C Filter Changes, Clean Coils, Electrical work and Carpenter work.
– Ability to identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance job.
– How to test pool and spa chemicals.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 09176666693