Technical Writing, Category 9
Contractor staff proposed must have Expert (8 years) experience skills and experience as follows:
- Demonstrated experience as a Technical Writer
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence / ETL technologies
- Very strong documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to convey and digest complex information in an appropriate fashion to/from audiences at
different levels of technical knowledge
- Experience working on software development projects in a technical role (developer, technical writer,
tester, business analyst)
- Knowledge of SQL / Databases / Servers
- Ability to identify, understand, document and plan for organizational and human impacts of planned
- Ability to properly document technical requirements
Skills and experience in this category include the following:
- Identifying and documenting business needs and strategies.
- Identifying and documenting requirements for business process improvement and information systems
- Facilitating requirements planning and analysis & design sessions.
- Completing data models using entity relationship diagrams and/or UML class diagrams and documenting
detailed data requirements in data dictionaries.
- Proficiently creating SQL Scripts to be used for database creation and/or modification and migration of
legacy data to new designs.
- Ensuring domain, edit, security and relational integrity requirements.
- Documenting system functions and operational procedures.
- Preparing detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Documenting system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Contributing to project management tasks including planning and preparing analysis, design, cost
benefit analysis, and feasibility studies.
- Requirements management techniques and practices.
- Using GUI tools for prototyping and developing test plans.
- Specifying business logic.
- Guiding and providing mentoring for State staff.
- Knowledge and experience with system development methodologies (i.e. Agile, RUP, etc.).
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
Individuals in this skill category may do limited programming, to provide a proof of concept for distinct
subcomponents designed as a part of a larger complex system. This limited programming is not intended to
allow the generation of a complete system, proof of concepts or maintenance of existing production systems.
In addition, prefers Contractor staff also have the following skills and experience:
- Thorough understanding of Extraction, Transform and Load (ETL) processes
- Strong understanding of the logical database design process, data modeling, data-mart design
- Comfortable with business intelligence tools used in delivering corporate intelligence to decision makers
- Good understanding of data warehousing terminology and L&I’s data being analyzed by the business
- Assisting developers during system development, e.g. provide use cases, flowcharts or even database
- Experience with system testing
Send profile to email@example.com