The CFO will report directly to the CEO, will interact with the Board of Directors, and be an important member of the Senior Leadership Team. This person will balance a strong vision for a growing finance team with a hands-on approach to managing the financial operations and human resources of the organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, driven nonprofit finance leader!
- Develop and implement a vision for the global finance team in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organisation finance function and provide leadership, direction and supervision to organisation staff engaged in day to day internal accounting and cash management.
- Manage the development of the annual and three-year budget with department heads for approval by CEO and Board of Directors.
- Generate monthly financial statements and reports which analyze all expenses, revenues, and the balance sheet.
- Generate a monthly financial dashboard which accurately forecasts cash, revenue, and expenses; help CEO
- Review and approve expenditures to ensure budget compliance and efficient use of funds.
- Manage organisation Fund Acting as Endowment under the guidelines of the Finance Committee.
- Put all necessary systems and controls in place to manage the financial activities maintaining compliance with the highest ethical standards, all applicable laws, regulations, and requirements of funders.
- Work closely with Development team to provide necessary financial analysis and support for revenue generation.
- Install procedures to improve inefficiencies and reduce expenses where possible.
- Strengthen internal controls to manage cash flow and protect financial assets.
- Manage annual audit and serve as the liaison with the audit firm.
- Prepare and manage all tax submission..
- Lead finance department in insuring grant compliance and organizational contract oversight.
- Oversee a growing Human Resources department, including Director of Human Resources, payroll and benefit administration, plan management.
- Manage insurance policies for domestic and international programs, liability, directors and officers, and worker’s compensation; negotiate annual renewal with vendor.
- Ensure financial controls and procedures are streamlined and that clear policies are implemented to create proper checks and balances and best practices.
Lead the annual audit process and act as primary liaison to the Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree ,MBA or CA in Accounting, Finance or Management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with leading the finance and/or accounting function.
- Experience in a multi-location international nonprofit preferred.
- Strong management experience supervising and mentoring a team.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting, fund accounting – restricted and unrestricted assets, ability to work with many charts of accounts.
- Strong strategic, analytical and financial planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, a good listener and maintain a model of high personal, ethical, and professional standards.
- Earnest and sincere commitment to organisation’s Mission and Core Values
- Intelligent, compassionate, driven and determined
- Ability to formulate analyses across various departments, Development, Programs, Legal and Human Resources
- Operates with service ethic and customer service orientation
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Ability to develop team-wide vision and direction for a portfolio of diverse projects
- Experience leading fiscal year planning with multiple teams
- Experience building, coaching, and mentoring high-performing, diverse teams with multiple layers
- High energy and motivation to understand the perspectives of others.
Send profile to email@example.com