Title: Tax Director – Information Reporting
Location: Greenwich, CT
$200-$250K Base salary, plus Bonus
Job Type : Permanent
US Citizen or Greencard Holder only
Our client seeks an experienced tax professional with a background in information reporting and tax withholding requirements to support its expanding global brokerage business. This position will report to the Vice President of Tax and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut. The successful candidate will be technically proficient in rules governing U.S. information reporting and withholding tax, FATCA and Common Reporting Standards and be able to demonstrate an understanding of complex tax concepts. Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills, an ability to work independently with minimal supervision, a solid understanding of internal controls and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are a must.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to ensure compliance with U.S. information reporting and tax obligations (including FATCA, Chapter 3 and 61 rules) and the Common Reporting Standards.
- Assist with and oversee the collection, computation, reconciliation and payment of withholding taxes, primarily for customers of our U.S. broker-dealer.
- Advise on state and local tax and reporting issues impacting the brokerage business.
- Collaborate with the tax reporting team to ensure customer tax reporting is provided timely and accurately.
- Advise on annual changes to 1099/1042 filings.
- Act as subject matter expert for client tax related questions.
- Research and provide guidance on new tax legislation and regulations.
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting and tax experience, with at least 5 years in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s (advanced degree preferred) in accounting or tax.
- Knowledge of Canadian information reporting and tax obligations, a plus.
Send profile to firstname.lastname@example.org / +919176666693 /+919445122021