The E&I Testing Engineer reports to the Area Lead Testing Engineer and will work closely with other PCS Testing Engineers plus at times Electrical and Mechanical Testing Engineers. E&I Testing Engineer will supervise the E&I Craft for E&I activities. E&I Testing Engineer will provide E&J technical support to specialist activities (detailed below), and system engineering of specialist systems by intermittently working within the teams of the Pre-Commissioning Leads and the Commissioning Leads, if required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or 8-10 years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge & experience ofE&I systems, preferably with M&M refinery equipment and Rio Tinto Alcan technology.
- Knowledge & experience of PCS systems, preferably with the Honeywell one.
- Knowledge of E&I requirements for completion of construction and testing of Compressors, Process Pumps and Fans, together with PCS.
- Knowledge of instrumentation installation, calibration, loop checking and pre-commissioning procedures.
- Knowledge & experience of testing, pre-commissioning & turnover practices.
- Knowledge of process electrical isolation to perform safe PCS and E&I tasks.
- Knowledge & experience in PTW, STARRT, JHA, LOTO procedures & practices.
- Leadership skills & able to supervise craft for testing, and pre-commissioning activity.
- Computer skills including experience with MS Excel & MS Word, SetRoute, Teamworks, and Infoworks in the execution of work assignments.
- Knowledge of and prior experience in using Bechtel’s SWPPs and STCPs to govern work activities.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively interface with others.
- Must handle people and issues with a professional demeanor
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi’s Khalifa Industrial Zone.
The Alumina refinery major process units include:
- Bauxite unloading
- Bauxite crushing
- Bauxite storage
- Bauxite grinding
- Mud washing & filtration
- Heat interchange
- Hydrate classification
- Seed and product filtration
- Calcination and alumina handling
Also, offices, control room, switch-rooms, laboratory, change house and a canteen will service the refinery, along with associated utilities including electrical power distribution, distributed control system, sea water, process and potable water distribution and sewage treatment.
A bauxite residue storage area (BRSA), will be located approximately 35 km, south east, from the Alumina Refinery in Area B
- Support pre-commissioning team activities associated to the E&I, this may involve schematic checks, loop checking, logic inspection, verify alannlset points, establish datalinks to foreign devices (via fieldbus, programmable logic solver and independent processors), walk downs.
- Execute specific specialist pre- commissioning activities associated to PCS, PIMS and SCMS (in coordination with system engineers- Both Redside and Whiteside) such as establishing PCS detailed interfaces with other plant automation systems such as third party PLCs.
- Leads and owns the Controls Systems respectively as a System Engineer, driving completion.
- Apply E&I, pes and general procedures.
- Applies management of change process to the pre-commissioning PCS and E&I activities. This includes design changes, changes to scoped drawings, produces NCRs/RFls/FCDs, redIines, and associated rework and retesting coordination.
- Lead craft supervision for a wide range ofPCS and E&I equipment, schematic and loop checks, system testing & pre- commissioning activities.
- Update scoped drawings and databases; whilst coordinating with the Completions Department Turnover Coordinator. This includes input of any required changes into TEAMWorks and SetRoute.
- Applies PCS and E&I testing documentation and procedures and supports management of change, updating and tracking
(working in conjunction with the specific document owners).
- Identifies pes and E&I technical issues and raises queries to the Lead pes Testing Engineer.
- Work with subcontractors, supplier representatives & other discipline teams to ensure proper documentation of testing.
- Supports LOTO activities during work preparation, and confirms 100% compliance of craft sign on/off.
- Supports the Lead PCS Testing Engineer with component information for E&I Field Material Requisitions