Interview at Chennai on 08-August-2017
Job Opening : Dubai, Bahrain and Qatar
Job title:Store Manager
Reporting to:Area Manager
Subordinates by title:Assistant Manager/ Crew Supervisor
Career Path Next Level:
Purpose of the position
Manage a restaurant in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures and assume primary responsibility for the achievement of designated customer, profit, sales and employee P&L targets.
Strategic (results) –
- Sets with Area Manager the Annual Operation Plan for his Restaurant
- Sets with the area manager the monthly Restaurant Business Plan.
- Sets objectives for the restaurant and reviews it with his team periodically.
- Develop the local store marketing plan in coordination with the marketing department.
- Develop home delivery plan.
- Set plans for the additional services to improve the business & maximize the sales.
- Follow up & update any information about the competitor’s position in the market in coordination with marketing dept., which may affect the business plans.
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labour, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Ensures complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs
- Coordinate with home delivery management team to accomplish the set objectives, analyse the impact of HD as an additional service on the sales target.
- Develop a network of effective public relations with the society (governmental Organizations, Participation in the social special events etc. to maximize the sales & to create the brand awareness in the market.
- Ensure proper sales forecasting
- Analyse the operations/ P&L to determine deviations from standards and take corrective measures.
- Ensure proper stock level is maintained.
- Review the Restaurants purchasing plans in coordination with Purchasing & stores dept., to make sure that all restaurants needs
- Controls profit & loss, by following the Control/Security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labour, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Ensures local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Participate in Setting products development & new products plans in coordination with the Quality Assurance Department –H.O. to maintain the progress in the business.
- Develop effective relationship with supporting departments (training, Maintenance, etc.)
- Work with the Area manager to determine the proper nationality mix for management and team members.
Talent & Value (people) –
- Provide guidance, development and training to assigned staff and encourage individual development.
- Communicate the business needs with the Area HR Manager to address the training programs needed to meet the business needs.
- Promote team Training & Development by encouraging participation of management and team.
- Identify team’s strengths and proper development needs by conducting objective performance appraisals and providing coaching and feedback for the operation managers and chain managers within his area.
- Leads performance management processes for all operation leads.
- Active participation in the bench planning & the succession planning for all operation leads within his area.
- Direct the projection process of proper staffing needs to support the business and define strategies to fulfil staffing gaps.
- Lead the Reward & Recognition culture and promote a great place to work by being involved in employees’ activities and events.
- Working on the outcomes of the VOT by coordination with his/her supervisor, analyse, determine corrective action plan, share with the restaurant team and get their input. Follow up with the team the implementation process.
- Create a climate for team members to encourage new ideas.
- Conducts performance appraisals, takes discipline action, motivates and trains
- Champions recognition and motivation efforts
- Provide Coaching & Feedback for his team.
Customer Satisfaction (internal and external) –
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviours of the team
- Focus on customer satisfaction strategies, develop the needed action plans to maintain a high standards of services in all restaurants according to the operation manual.
- Maintain customer mania spirit within the restaurant team, train and empower TM to handle complaints.
- Ensures that the customer mania mindset is embedded in his restaurant and sets the example for his team.
Academic & trades qualifications
- University degree
Experience, Skills and abilities
Essential / Desirable experience
- Minimum 2 years in the field and well-grounded in modern operational and business methods and techniques.
Skills and Abilities
- Age should not exceed 30 years old.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good command of English language (reading, writing & speaking)
- Average appearance; is neat
- Customer Mania
- Reward & recognition
- Organizational Impact
- Leading and managing People & work
- Coaching & Feedback
- Business & Analytical Thinking
- Work under pressure
- Decision Making / Taking
Relationships (internal and External Interfaces)
- Area Manager
- Chain Manager
- HR& Training
- Shared Services
- Supply Chain
- Safety Officers
- Governmental Audit representatives
Contact 0091-9176666693 / 7550020558
Send profile to firstname.lastname@example.org